- QS Ranking: #185
- CRICOS Provider Code: 00102E
- Institution Trading Name: University of Wollongong
- Institution Name: University of Wollongong (UoW)
- Institution Type: Government
- Total capacity across all provider’s locations: 10000
Located in the seaside city of Wollongong, New South Wales, some 80 kilometres south of Sydney, lies the public research institution known as the University of Wollongong (abbreviated as UOW). More than 32,000 students were enrolled at the university as of 2017 (including over 12,800 international students from 134 countries), together with over 2,400 staff members and 131,859 alumni.
The mission of UOW is to inspire a better future through collaboration, research, and education. The university anticipates a future marked by a quickening pace of change and fresh opportunities. Their four faculties—Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities, Business and Law, Engineering and Information Sciences, and Science, Medicine, and Health—have a stellar reputation for teaching and learning as a whole.