- CRICOS Provider Code: 00126G
- QS Ranking: #90
- Institution Trading Name: The University of Western Australia
- Institution Name: The University of Western Australia (UWA)
- Institution Type: Government
- Number Of Students: 14000
Located in the Australian state of Western Australia, the Institution of Western Australia (UWA) is a public research university. Perth, the state capital, is home to the university’s main campus, as well as a secondary campus in Albany and other facilities. Western Australian Parliament passed an act in 1911 establishing UWA, and two years later it started instructing students.
It was Western Australia’s only university until Murdoch University was founded in 1973, making it the sixth-oldest university in Australia. The oldest universities in each state are collectively referred to as “sandstone universities” because of their history and standing. UWA is one of these institutions. Additionally, the university is a part of a number of more official associations, such as the Matariki Network of Universities.